- Menopause changes our skin in many ways to include decreased skin thickness and elasticity, loss of collagen, increased looseness, and wrinkling.
- Menopause.org says, “More marked aging of the skin occurs with exposure to certain environmental factors, principally chronic sun exposure and smoking. Signs of skin aging include wrinkling, dyspigmentation, telangiectasias, roughness, and dryness.”
- What the heck is telangiectasias? Do I have it? Do you? Yes, yes I do. This is the term for spider veins or small broken capillaries on your face. Dyspigmentation? An abnormal increase of decrease in the skin’s pigment. Got that too in the form of melasma (brown patches) on my neck. It is called chloasma if you have it during pregnancy.
- Naturally reduce sun exposure and don’t smoke to lessen skin changes caused by environmental factors and aging.
- In order to reduce photo damage to the skin, women should be advised to avoid midday sun, use sunscreen consistently, wear protective hats and clothing, and avoid tanning salons.
Check off the boxes in this form to test yourself –
My friend, Sherry, is religious about all of the above precautions. She is a good roll model for me as she always always wears a hat when outside whether she is working in the yard, doing a quick walk around the neighborhood or making a quick trip to the store. She does exactly as the doctors say and wears her sunscreen everyday even when going into work an 8 hour day in a building. She reminds me frequently that sun damage is cumulative –
- just because your tan has faded, your skin damage does not repair itself.
- You carry the sun damage from each year with you.
I’ve begun using the Reverse Brightening Regimen from Rodan+Fields to help with my brown spots, the melasma on my neck and to even my skintone. On the R+F website, a lady asked if your brown spots would stay away permanently after using Reverse. Here is what the doctors say , “After using the REVERSE Regimen and obtaining the desired results, if you are extremely diligent about using broad spectrum sunscreen and limiting exposure to sun, you should be able to maintain your results. However, understand that a single day of unprotected sun exposure can virtually undo months of hard work. Apply a broad spectrum sunscreen every day and reapply it every two hours when exposed to sunlight.
So, there you have it. We have to be diligent about the sunscreen. I will be the first to admit that I used to skip sunscreen because I tend to have an oily complexion and felt like sunscreen made it worse. EVERY Rodan and Fields regimen comes with sunscreen as the last step! I use the Reverse sunscreen and on days when I am feeling too oily, I use the oil-control sunscreen from the UNBLEMISH line. Although I recommend purchasing the Regimen, all of these sunscreens can also be purchased individually.
I feel so passionately about this that if you purchase a Regimen, I will give you a body sunscreen for FREE. Feel free to contact me to help you sign up. Or, go to pkarshis.myrandf.com to register as a Preferred Customer to get the best price. Check out with a Regimen and Body Sunscreen and I will REBATE you the cost of the body sunscreen. AND, if done by midnight on Sunday, Dec. 3, I will reimburse your PC Fee of $19.95!!
Thanks for tuning in to the blog today! It would be lovely if you would share, like, subscribe and pin!